FCB South Africa and its agencies had an impressive weekend at the 2014 Loerie Awards Festival in Cape Town last weekend (Saturday September 20, Sunday September 21) winning 11 awards, including one of the four highly-sought after Grand Prix Awards.
Group CEO, Brett Morris, one of the most respected creative talents in the industry and one of the few creatives to head a local agency, is thrilled with the group’s agencies’ performance.
“The fact that we won 11 awards at the country’s most rigorous awards festival is proof that we continue to steadily improve our creative product. And the fact that we won for five different clients across a number of industries and numerous marketing disciplines speaks to the depth and breadth of our expertise and skills.
“Congratulations to everyone involved in bringing home the ‘birds’ this year, particularly FCB Joburg and client Coca-Cola South Africa for landing a Grand Prix for their inspirational ‘Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’ work during Freedom Month,” said Morris.
FCB South Africa’s performance at The Loerie Awards comes just weeks after it was awarded the Robyn Putter Top Brand Agency of the Year Award in the Sunday Times Top Brands Survey 2014. The agency also fared well at the Cannes International Advertising Festival held earlier this year bringing home six Lions – Gold, two Silvers and two Bronzes for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘A Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’ across three categories and a Bronze for the Lexus ‘Precognition’ radio spot.
“It’s very fulfilling to have performed well at all the important awards this year,” said Morris. “Not only have we shown – through our Top Brands Survey and Millward Brown Liking Scores results – that our work resonates with consumers and adds value to our clients’ businesses, we’ve proven our skills at delivering creative communication, as appreciated by local and international judges. I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do next year!”
The full list of FCB South Africa’s agencies’ achievements over the weekend is as follows:
– Grand Prix in the Outdoor & Collateral Media category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘A Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’- FCB Joburg
– Gold in the Media Innovation: Single Medium category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘A Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’- FCB Joburg
– Gold in the Events & PR: PR Campaign category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘A Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’ – FCB Joburg
– Gold in the Radio Communication: Radio Commercials category for Lexus Adaptive Lights “Precognition’- FCB Joburg
– Craft Gold in the TV, Film & Video Communication: Best Use of Licensed Music category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘Bobby’ (Share a Coke With) FCB Joburg
– Silver in the Radio Communication: Radio Commercials catgeory for Toyota Genuine Parts ‘More Genuine’ – FCB Joburg
– Bronze in the TV, Film & Video Communication: TV & Cinema Ads Up to 90seconds category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘Bobby’ (Share a Coke With)- FCB Joburg
– Bronze in the Radio Communication: Radio Commercials category for Savanna Dry – ‘Vuvuzela’- FCB Cape Town
– Bronze in the Digital & Interactive: Applications, Activations & Interactive Tools category for Labello – ‘Electric Kiss’- FCB Joburg/Hellocomputer
– Bronze in the Integrated Campaign category for Coca-Cola South Africa – ‘A Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation’- FCB Joburg
– Campaign Craft Certificate in the Radio Communication: Radio Commercials category for Toyota Genuine Parts ‘More Genuine’- FCB Joburg
Draftfcb South Africa – Brett Morris (011) 566-6000
Draftfcb Johannesburg – Alistair Mokoena (011) 566-6000
Draftfcb Cape Town – Eric D’Oliviera (021) 404-0300
Hellocomputer – David Moffatt (021) 404-0300
Debonairs Pizza spoofs sassy Johannesburg Metro police officer, Johannesburg resident who filmed her
FCB South Africa has a reputation for building South Africa’s favourite brands. That’s probably because we consistently produce South Africa’s favourite campaigns. Founded on ideas that truly connect with real South Africans. Ideas that solve business challenges. Ideas that win awards. Ideas that make a difference to our community, our country and our planet. Ideas that matter.
A network of individually run and managed agencies, FCB South Africa offers full service advertising; data analytics and visualisation; corporate identity, way-finding and packaging design; digital; experiential; promotions; public relations; retail advertising and social marketing solutions.