The Assegai Awards, the direct marketing industry awards were hosted in Sandton on 12 November 2015. Customer engagement agency, iKineo had much to celebrate on the night after converting five of the seven entries into awards.
iKineo managing director, Debi Loftie-Eaton has judged the awards for many years and was invited back to the jury again this year. She attended the ceremony and noted a common thread amongst the winning campaigns. “Successful campaign strategies with positive results showed a real focus on customer engagement – customer centricity and not just channel solutions. What’s more, there’s an obvious shift away from just a conventional direct marketing approach to a more holistic, really effective choice of customer touchpoints,” she shared.
Sponsored by the DMASA (Direct Marketing Association of Southern Africa), the Assegais are described as ‘a mark of victory in direct marketing excellence’. It aims to recognise and reward result driven campaigns across creativity, strategy and return on investment.
iKineo’s 2015 wins include;
- Gold for Telkom Business’s Unified Communications: Integrated Direct marketing category in the ‘Campaigns in the Multi Channel/ Country Campaigns’ section
- Gold Explore Sideways: Integrated Direct marketing in the Campaigns category in the ‘Multi Channel/ Country Campaigns’ section
- Bronze for Telkom Business’s Unified Communications: 3D category in the ‘Media’ section
- Bronze for Explore Sideways: Ecommerce category in the ‘Media’ section
- Bronze for Explore Sideways: UX, Interface and Navigation Design category in the ‘Craft Awards’ section
Emma Wright, Client Service Director at iKineo, worked on the Telkom Business’s Unified Communications campaign. She attributes the success of the campaign to two elements. She explained, “We supported the Key Account Managers in tracking and developing their customer’s campaign journey through a built-in notification and reminder system. We also broke down the concept of unified communications for the customer receiving the box by distilling academic white paper highlights into key cards, and demonstrating the concept of unified communications through something all people relate to and enjoy – Lego”.
Commenting on the awards overall Loftie-Eaton expressed, “The quality of entries this year was excellent and serves to raise the industry standard. We are very proud to be recognised amongst the top players and aim to continue to deliver innovative campaigns for our clients to help them unlock potential value from their customers.”